Thursday, September 19, 2013

Winding down...

The seasons are changing and we're starting to bundle up our trailer for winter.  Another big rain storm is headed our way, so we got the trailer covered - the trailer doesn't leak now, but it definitely has a water catchment spot we don't want to turn into a leak!

We thought we might take it out again, but it's not looking like we will now.  Michael has started the stain and varnish project (which means lots of fumes that need to air out), and the weather is taking a turn.  It could still happen, but my work schedule needs to hit a weekend of nice weather... yeah, right.

It's going to be a long winter of not doing much with our trailer.  I'll have to work hard to find interesting things to post about!

Tonight I somehow got on the track of looking up Slab City in California - it looks fascinating, yet horrible.  At least they have a library!  I like the landscaping.


Slab City Library


I'm not so sure I want to go there.  I thought I did, but...


Slab City



I think maybe not.  [I watched a short documentary about Slab City that deteriorated into a guy going out to find some meth.  Not terribly appealing, despite the interesting things to see down there.]


Slab City in Niland, CA (0850a)


So many sights!  So may weirdos!  Not so high on my list, after all.


G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment